Takoradi Technical University invites applications from suitable qualified candidates for appointment as Physician Assistant.
• Physician assistant will provide a broad range of services that begin with an initial patient consultation and continue with ongoing care and assessment throughout the clinical relationship
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• to examine patients to obtain information using the Standard Treatment Guidelines, make tentative diagnosis ad decisions about management and treatment of patients
• to administer or order diagnostic tests and interpret test results for deviations from normal to prescribe therapy or medication with Medical Officer’s approval, to perform therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunization suturing and wound care management
• to instruct and counsel patients about prescribe therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living and health maintenance
• provide Medical Officer with assistance during complicated medical procedures, to supervise and coordinate activities of nursing staff, medical technicians/assistants and other patients care personnel
Qualification Required & Experience
• a minimum of a degree in related field is required
• must have at least three (3) year post-qualification experience working as a Physician Assistant
• it is desirable to live in areas not far from the Clinic’s location for easy commute to work
applicant must have checkable references
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons with the requisite qualification(s) and related working experience should submit Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae with names and address of three (3) referees to the address below not later than 31st March, 2020.
The Vice Chancellor
Takoradi Technical University
P. O.BOX 256
Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum requirements shall be contacted. Please note that all appointments shall be by interview.
Closing Date: 31 March, 2020