Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont's core operations in the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname. Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont's industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
- Do you enjoy working with a global company?
- Are you team oriented and passionate about solving complex problems?
- Do you thrive in roles requiring interaction with all functions across the business, including in diverse, global locations?
We are seeking a detail oriented, committed problem solver with strong communication skills who will lead all aspects of global security risk and governance by driving, coordinating, and supporting consistent risk identification, assessment and treatment across Newmont Goldcorp.
- To design, support regional implementation and review of Newmont Goldcorp’s global Security Threat and Risk Assessment
- To support the regional design, implementation and review of the threat based Security Vulnerability Assessments and the relevant actions plans to address them
- To design, implement and review security to drive global performance on the areas identified for improvement and risk reduction
- To run global travel security risk program, support regional compliance and ensure effective communications
- To design, manage, support global understanding and review Newmont Goldcorp’s response to threats from serious transnational criminal organizations including terrorism and kidnap for ransom
- To lead the global approach to security audit and review to drive a culture of business continuous improvement.
- To coordinate the design and approval of the global security standards and governance documents
- Actively benchmark against industry peers on leading practice improvements in security governance
The above duties and responsibilities representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Training & Experience
- Relevant and substantial experience on complete risk management in large public or private sector organizations
- Higher education in relevant risk management area or other associated but relevant field (2nd Level/Masters degree or equivalent)
- Significant experience managing and influencing people through positive and effective communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence internally and externally for positive change
- Experience leading and coordinating global travel security
- The position will sit either in the Greenwood Village, CO Corporate Office or our Vancouver, British Columbia regional office.
- Position may require travel to, and assist, other domestic and international sites.
- Working in our inclusive environment, telephone calls may take place before and/or after normal local business hours to accommodate other regions' work schedules.