AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as CIC Technician - Process Plant.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The CIC Technician – Process Plant reports to the CIC Supervisor – Process Plant and is accountable for all Plant CIC maintenance covering day and night shift in a safe and compliant manner as instructed during refurbishment, later maintenance, of the Process Plant.
• Work compliantly with the requirement of Government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health & safety legislation and AGAG regulation
• Accept personal responsibility for his own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
• Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
• Gather information for the CIC Supervisor – Processing Plant for reporting performance
• Conduct periodic audits of all Processing Plant CIC refurbishment, later maintenance
• Conduct reviews of the refurbishment, later maintenance, of the CIC equipment to identify actions for continuous improvement
• Provide input to the CIC Supervisor – Processing Plant to develop condition monitoring routes and checks for correct functioning equipment;
• Execute refurbishment, later maintenance, work checks on a routine scheduled basis. This include visual checks, infrared data collection, ultrasonic data collection, motor current and flux data collection, simple NDT data collection, verification of output within calibration and specification;
• Analyze and trend predictive maintenance data (vibration, IR, etc.) to determine plant condition and report this condition for action;
• Monitor general physical condition of CIC assets and report
• Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary;
• Execute repair work, where appropriate, on instrumentation, communication and control equipment
• Generate work requests in SAP as required for refurbishment/maintenance, repair planning and scheduling
• Ensure routine condition monitoring tasks are performed on all the rotating equipment by data collection using advanced portable data collectors and other tools according to the established schedules and also as per the plant requirements.
• Gather information on vibration & other data collected in order to diagnose / troubleshoot rotating machinery problems.
• Actively participate in maintenance review programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of CIC equipment as per requirements.
• Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
• Propose cost savings projects
• Execute work in a timely manner; coordinate refurbishment work contractors to time plan, escalate real or potential delays
• Monitor equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
• Stop equipment operation if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used
Qualification Required & Experience
• EET I / EET II / EET III or equivalent
• Completed trade apprenticeship in electronics repair for communications, instrumentation
• An experienced electronics/instrumentation maintenance technician with 5+ years’ experience in, preferably, industrial instrumentation and controls
• Knowledge of SAP PM module.
• Fully literate and numerate
• Fully competent in CIC trade
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 05 March, 2020